Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Search for editor and cover designer for book 2

UPDATE 11-14-2013: I have hired an editor for Ohlen's Bane, but am still seeking a cover designer.

I have begun the process of creating the sequel to Ohlen's Arrow, and part of that effort involves interviewing editors and cover designers.

When writing Ohlen's Arrow, my first novel, I engaged the services of two different editors. Both contributed to the process but there were some lessons learned along the way. On this second book, I intend to make the selection process a bit more formal, with an actual interview and trial edit. The editors I hired for my first book were individuals that I already knew on a personal level, which by itself isn't inherently bad but it did introduce a few complications, including the fact that one of the editors wasn't professionally qualified.

The graphic designer I hired for the first book was talented and a joy to work with, but she had no cover design experience. Furthermore, she has opted to get out of graphic design for a while to spend more time with her newborn son. She's not available to work on the second book, so I need to find someone knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment