Thursday, October 10, 2013

Reviews of Ohlen's Arrow from Amazon.com

I would like to quote the following reviews of Ohlen's Arrow, posted to Amazon.com:

"I enjoyed taking this journey with Ohlen and his friends. The balance between action and character development was perfect and the story was easy to follow. That can't always be said of a book in this genre and as a reader, I appreciate it. I'm happy to hear the author has begun the sequel, and I'm anxious to find out what's next for our hero."
"I was waffling on how many stars to rate this work. Since this was Mr. Williamson's first publication I decided to round it up to a 5 because I think his book is a great read and rounding down meant taking away a well deserved extra 1/2 a star which seemed wrong. His characters felt true to themselves and their environment. Their interactions were complex but fresh and not contrived. Mechanically it is a good story but it was the character development that made this first book such a great read. Most writers do not have Mr. Williamson's dexterity at crafting such realistic characters. I do not think this is the end for Ohlen and his friends. I look forward to seeing where Mr. Williamson takes this group next - especially my favorite character the one we last checked in on before the story closed - talk about a delightfully complex character construct."

No comments:

Post a Comment